Our high quality program (in Vietnamese and English)
Faculty of Applied Sciences- F7420201
Duration: 4,5 years
Course type: Undergraduate degree
Program: High-quality ( Vietnamese and English)
Biotechnology high-quality programme were established to meet the international social and job requirements – good background for different future aspects in further education, scientific research and practical applications.
- Foundation of general and specialized knowledge of Biotechnology are all introduced during the programme. Majors of Biotechnology education programme give more career opportunities for graduates: Food Sciences, Agriculture and Biomedical Sciences.
- Graduates are well – educated in all specialized knowledge, research methods, soft skills, physical education, English and informatics with good discipline and personality.
- Education curriculum meets social and international job requirements.
- Materials, study and teachings are all in English by professional lecturers with high certificates and experiences.
- Teaching methods and modern techniques are applied during courses.
- Research projects, field trips to factories and enterprises, internships and international exchange programmes.
- Graduate internship projects are done in foreign countries.
- Graduation theses are in English.
3. Programme of study
The total programme includes 146 credits for 8 semesters.
+ General knowledge:
- Social education
- Natural education ( chemistry, mathematics for life sciences, Analytical chemistry, Statistics for life sciences)
- Foreign language (English)
** Other certificates:
- National defense education
- Physical education
+ Biotechnology specialized knowledge:
- Fundamental knowledge ( Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular cell biology, Genetics)
- Specialized knowledge including core and elective courses of three majors: Food Sciences (Food preservation, Quality control in Food microorganisms, Beverage processing technology, etc), Agriculture ( Plant biotechnology, Mushroom cultivation, Post-harvest technology, etc), Biomedical Sciences (Medical biotechnology, Medicinal natural products, Diagnostic techniques, etc)
- Graduation internship and thesis.
4. Requirements for graduation
- All the programme credits and required certificates are completed.
- English level: IELTS >= 5.5 or equivalent;
- Informatics: MOS >=750 or equivalent;
- Fluent in English, effective, flexible and active in team work and meet job requirements.
5. Career opportunities
+ Job opportunities:
- Government and research establishments
- Therapeutic and research laboratories covering microbiology, hematology, bioremediation, immunology, forensic science, crop development, pest control, animal production, veterinary services, molecular biology and protein engineering.
- Medical and veterinary science service industries
- Agricultural, environmental, chemical, food processing, pharmaceutical and waste management industries
- Beverage and food production
- Biotechnology, medical and agricultural industries
- Researcher for scientific institutes ( Virology, Oncology, Vaccination, etc)
- Edible and medicinal mushroom cultivation
- Medicinal natural products
- Microbial fertilizer production
- Plant breeding
- Organic plant production
+ Post - graduate education opportunities:
Well – educated in soft skills, English and specialized knowledge for Master or PhD programme in foreign countries.